News and Local Information about Eaton Bray in Bedfordshire.
Skip navigation

James Robert Pieraccini 1853-1922

July 23, 2010 by Vanessa in forum Genealogy / History

#468 Vanessa, 23 July 2010, 13:07

I was wondering if any decendants of James or his father Pietro were still living in the area.  My connection is to James's son Peter Pieraccini 1885-1916, whom married Ethel Dyer.  Ethel and her 6 children immigrated to Australia in 1920 after the death of Peter in WWI.
Interested in any information in regards to the Pieraccini family also known as Pierachini originally from Italy. If any immigrated to other countries as well.

#473 Tom n Harry, 27 July 2010, 07:35

Hi Vanessa...Have found James on 1891,1901 and 1911 census but on each he is down as born London.Will send if you want them.

#474 Vanessa, 27 July 2010, 08:42

Thank you Tom n Harry, that would be great.

#475 Tom n Harry, 27 July 2010, 10:09

Found a marriage for James Robert Pieraccini to Elizabeth Haywood reg Luton Beds Dec 1877 3b 946.Should be on 1881 census but cant find them.

#476 Tom n Harry, 27 July 2010, 10:13

1891 census living 11 Mabel Rd St Mary Bedford...James R h 35 London...Elizabeth w 32 Luton...Elizabeth L d 13 Luton...James R s 10 Luton...Maggie d 8 Luton...Peter s 5 Luton...Edith d 3 Luton...James snr is a plasterer of his own account.

#477 Tom n Harry, 27 July 2010, 10:18

1901 living 18 ???? Rd Luton Beds...James Rob h 48 London...Elizabeth w 44 Luton...James R s 20 Luton...Maggie d 18 Luton...Peter s 15 Luton...Edith d 13 Luton...Maud d 7 Bedford...Nelson s 10 Bedford...Rose d 4 Luton...Reggie s 2 Luton

#479 Tom n Harry, 27 July 2010, 10:33

Dont have credits for 1911 at the moment but did a free search for James R and found him still living in Luton.Searched again for Pieraccini living in Luton with a James R and got...James R 56...Elizabeth 52...Edith 28...Nelson 20...Maud 17...Rose 14...Regginald 12.

#482 Vanessa, 27 July 2010, 16:02

Thank you.

I did find some information, the 1911 Census would be a bonus help, but all the information is great. It's good knowing that he stayed in Luton.  Helps to know that he didn't move around everywhere.  I do believe the whole family (males) were plasterers, modellers, sculptures and ran their own business.  Seems my Great Grandmother was the only one to immigrate to Australia (Ethel Pieraccini, married to Peter) I am slowly getting everything together for my family tree, then my daughters will have all the information to be able to pass on in future years.

Again thank you for all the information, much appreciated.

#653 Peter Smith, 17 November 2010, 14:47

May be able to help.James Robert Pieraccini was my Grandfather he lived at May Street Luton and had 3 sons, Robert, Nelson & Reginald
my uncles (all plasterers) and I was broughtup with them.The Pieraccini
Family came from Italy in 1851 to work on sculptures for the Great Exhibition My Mother was Edith but was known as Peg.Married David John Smith in 1919 and I was born in 1922.. I am Peter John Smith

#654 Vanessa, 17 November 2010, 23:11

Hello Peter,

I would love to find out more. My Grandmother was Peter Pieraccini's daughter.... whom was Jame's son.
If it would be easier to discuss through email my address is [email protected]
I have a lot of pictures that I am unsure of whom they are, that you might be able to help me with too.
Vanessa

#1150 alyson, 18 February 2012, 17:59

pietro pierachini was married 4 times 1st to maragaret broady who had 3 children peter mary ann and josephine he then married Ann basstock and had 8 children joseph, elizabeth, james robert, john, amelia,elizabeth,charles henry, and then laura ....then he married mary ann matthews (her second marriage) and ann married charles croft ...Laura married frederick how(e) who was my gggrandfather

#1151 alyson, 18 February 2012, 18:09

James robert born in holborn 22/8/1853 lived at 39 baldwin gardens he died on 16/8/1922 living at 19 may street luton
in 1861 he was living in Burr street luton
1881 he was a plasterer living at 45 albert rd luton with his wife and 2 children Elizabeth b 1878 and james r 1881
in 1891 he had a daughter Maggie b 1883 son peter b 1886 and daughter edith b 1888 they were living at 11 mabel rd
in 1901 he had Maud b 1894 rupert nelson b 1891 rose b 1897 and reggie b 1899
peter died in flanders 12/10/1916 killed in action
he was marries to ethel may dyer b 1886 d 1952
they had 6 children peter 1907 - 1977
victor gerald 1909 - 1985
ethel rose 1911
robert henry 1912
ivy nellie 1914 - 2005
bertie percy 1916 - 1988
i can go on and on about peters siblings and family ...please e-mail me if you would like anymore info
[email protected]
i hope all helps xx

#1152 alyson, 18 February 2012, 18:12

wow this is really great all these very very distant relatives

#1154 Vanessa, 19 February 2012, 06:48

Thanks Alyson, I have all this information on my ancestry.com tree and now the other information regarding your line with Laura from your email.

You can also read on here, some information I have submitted with regards to my family.

http://www.eatonbray.com/history/serving-soldiers/pieraccini-p/

http://www.eatonbray.com/history/genealogy/pieraccini/

#1202 Joe Moorhouse, 4 May 2012, 17:18

I'm trying to locate the maker of the pieraccini statues, and if they are still made.

Thanks

#1204 Vanessa, 5 May 2012, 01:52

Hi Joe,

Which statues might you be referring to?  

Pietro Pierachini (now spelt Pieraccini) made several busts (1835-39) which are apparently still displayed in a few locations in Liverpool UK, is this whom you are referring to or other statues?

The Pieraccini family line during the 1800's and early 1900/s were all sculptors/master plasterers, of course this could go further back, but I am unsure of the Italian history of the family and what their professions were, only that Pietro came in early 1820's to the UK from Tuscany.  I would assume he learnt his skills from someone in his family, which he in turn passed on to all his children and so on through the generations.

#1600 Marilyn McHugh, 6 March 2013, 23:51

I thought you might be interested in the Liverpool family connection. My great grandmother was Amelia Pieraccini a daughter of Pietro born in 1859 in Luton. She married John McGorrin in Liverpool in 1880. They lived in Formby (Lancashire) and Liverpool (where she died in 1948)and had five children. My grandmother Lucy (McGorrin)Webb lived in London 1935-1958 with her son James. They were in contact with Daisy (?) from the Pieraccini family. Lucy returned to live in Liverpool in 1958 with her sister Amelia and Daisy visited them in Liverpool. I have put information about the family that I knew in Liverpool on my McHugh tree in ancestry.co.uk
I wondered if anyone had more information about the statues or pictures?

#1620 Vanessa, 14 March 2013, 21:15

Hello Marilyn,

I would like to know more about Amelia and her family/history.  I am not currently subscribed on Ancestry, but my tree is available now for viewing.  I've been doing some other research, where I didn't need to be subscribed.  My tree is under...

Rawlings / Pieraccini - Mathieson / Dyer Family Trees

I was going through some old newspaper articles from the 1800's and found a article regarding Pietro and the bust he made of Queen Victoria. This might interest you.  As for the other sculptures he did, not much information can be found.  I have tried, but failed to find much else.  I even went to the UK, last Sept/Oct, (I'm from Australia) but couldn't find much else on where the (busts) might be.

I will be subscribing again to ancestry in the near future, when I get a little more spare time again to do some research.

You can contact me through Ancestry if you wish to get any more information.  I also have many pictures from my gr. grandmother, that we couldn't put names to, so perhaps you might recognise someone.

I'm not sure who Daisy is, but it could be a neice or grandchild to Amelia. ??

#1621 Vanessa, 14 March 2013, 21:22

To Joe!!

There are still statues being sold under the Pieraccini name.

Google - Pieraccini Statue and you will find some information.

#1624 Marilyn McHugh, 17 March 2013, 15:48

Hi Vanessa

I would be interested in the source of newspaper articles you located and very interested in the photographs. I will see what sources might be available through any archives in Liverpool.
I currently live in Birmingham UK. Thought you might be interested to know that my cousin Stella (also a great grandaughter of Amelia) emigrated to New South Wales in 1977 and my son, Rory worked and travelled across Australia between 2006- 2008.

I frequently stay in the Veneto area in Itlay and in 2004 stayed in Florence (as the family say that this is where Pietro was born). I tried to trace baptism records for Pieraccini but records for Florence for this time had been destroyed in floods during the 1960's.  However, Pieraccini is a Florentine name with links to literature and the arts.
I will forward any information I find via this blog.

It was good to hear from you.

Marilyn

#2204 Jewell Glenn, 2 December 2014, 06:29

I have a Pieraccini statue of the Sacred Heart "found" in a bombed-out church in France during WWII.
I've been told it might be of value because the molds for the statue were probably destroyed during the war.  It's made of Plaster of paris and is of great quality and detail.  Anyone have any knowledge about this?

#2281 KATHLEEN CICLOVAN, 16 April 2015, 14:33

I'm not sure if you are still interested in the Pieraccini statues...I have just found one on Etsy from France for sale. It's beautiful under "antique Madonna and child statue.
Wonderful reading the geneology info.
Kathleen

#2349 Marjorie Jackson nee McGorrin, 10 September 2015, 05:12

I am the great great granddaughter of Amelia Pieraccini
Pietro's daughter
Living in Canada I also have the family tree
I can't believe how big the family is. The forum is so interesting
My grandfather was Owen McGorrin married to Edith Bibby
My father was James McGorrin
Love. Any information on the family my daughter was in Tuscanny what I know was that the family lived in Lucca
Marge

Reply to topic

All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your topic to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.

Your Name:
Your Email Address:

Your Email Address will not be made public.
Topic Content:
On submission of your reply, a cookie may be stored on your local device as described in our Privacy Policy.

Return to topic list | Return to forum list

Please note that the views or comments expressed on this website (forum) are not necessarily those of the Parish Council. The Webmaster reserves the right to remove any defamatory, derogatory or libellous statement or words from the site.