News and Local Information about Eaton Bray in Bedfordshire.
Skip navigation

Thomas Smallbones b(1781)

April 20, 2015 by Trevor Smallbone in forum Genealogy / History

#2286 Trevor Smallbone, 20 April 2015, 11:33

Can anyone assist with information concerning my earliest traceable relative Thomas Smallbones b(1781) in Eaton Bray. I have found him on the 1841 and 1851 census living with his daughter Mary Cripps. I believe his wife (Mary's mother) was called Fanny, though do not have the maiden name. He was living at Rye End, Eaton Bray at the time of the 1841 census.

#2289 Tom n Harry, 28 April 2015, 18:03

I think maiden name for Fanny was Deley.
There is a record for the Banns being read on October 31st 1802.
Thomas Smallbones of Eaton Bray to Fanny Deley of Edlesborough.
Cant find a marriage in Eaton Bray so maybe Fannys Parish of Edlesborough.

#2290 Tom n Harry, 28 April 2015, 18:14

May have something else.

There is a baptism for a Thomas Smallbones in Eaton Bray dated Febuary 8th 1778.
Parents are Thomas and Mary.

#2291 Tom n Harry, 28 April 2015, 18:41

Maybe an idea to go or get in touch with Beds Records office to see if the parents are Thomas and Mary.
There are baptisms for 5 children born to parents Thomas and Sarah nee Howard and 1 to Thomas and Mary.
It could be mistranscribed.

#2297 Trevor Smallbone, 4 May 2015, 12:55

Thanks for the update that is very helpful. I agree that 'Fanny' is in fact Francis Deley/Deeley and married Thomas b(1778) on 31 Oct 1802. I have found a christening record dated 8 Feb 1778 for 'Thos' most probably Thomas with parents Thos and Sara nee Howard, and the record you found with Mary as mother must be transcribed.

Reply to topic

All HTML, except <i>, <b>, <u> will require your topic to be moderated before it is publicly displayed.

Your Name:
Your Email Address:

Your Email Address will not be made public.
Topic Content:
On submission of your reply, a cookie may be stored on your local device as described in our Privacy Policy.

Return to topic list | Return to forum list

Please note that the views or comments expressed on this website (forum) are not necessarily those of the Parish Council. The Webmaster reserves the right to remove any defamatory, derogatory or libellous statement or words from the site.