Eaton Bray Parish Council
Below is a summary of the minutes of the Eaton Bray Annual Parish Meeting of 6th May 2009.
A full version can be downloaded in Adobe Acrobat format (PDF):
Summary of Minutes - Tuesday 6th May 2009
The Parish Council were disappointed that no members of the General Public attended the meeting, as the Annual Parish Meeting is a meeting of the electorate and not of the council.
The Parish Council gave an update on completed and ongoing projects for the parish, this included:
- The ongoing improvements at Bower Lane Cemetery, to include additional turfing of rough areas within the cemetery.
- The Parish Council allotments which are currently fully let and there is a waiting list for plots. The Parish Council are looking into the option of using the Bower Lane land for additional allotment plots, however it is noted that this land has no water supply. An Allotment Group has now been set up to enable tenants to get together and discuss ideas/issues.
- The Coffee Tavern Cottage is now fully let, with improvements to the cottage now started and the next stage is for the redecoration of The Coffee Tavern/Reading Room.
- The first phase of the conservation area improvements has been completed with phase two of the improvements commencing in autumn 2009. The Conservation Working Group, made up of volunteers and Parish Council members, have been working extremely hard to improve this area and are looking to work with the River Ouzel Authority to make additional improvements to the river area/banks.
- The proposed Skate & Ride Area and additional seating at School Lane Recreation Ground, which is part of a recreational ground improvement plan. The Parish Council are looking to improve the facilities available to all age ranges within the parish at both School Lane and The Rye recreation grounds.
It is important for electorates to attend the Parish Meetings if they want to offer their opinion on parish matters, to find out what is currently happening, what they would like to happen and to learn about any future projects being planned for the parish.
Next Council Meeting
The Parish Clerk can be contacted using the details shown on the Eaton Bray Parish Council home page.