Serving Soldiers' Biographies
Information, photos and military records of those men and woman from Eaton Bray who served in the 2 wars.
- Private Edward Joseph Asbury 153810 Royal Field Artillery
- Private Arthur Baker G/17193 Royal Sussex Regiment
- Private Charles Chanin (Channings) 10141 The Queens 16th Lancers
- Private Fred Costin 31786 Bedfordshire Regiment
- Private John Deeley 18772 Bedfordshire Regiment
- Private Ezra Samuel Francis Emerson GS/239103 Royal Fusiliers
- Private George Farnham 5307 Bedfordshire Regiment
- Private Ernest Fountain 241638 Middlesex Regiment
- Private William Joseph Gadsden 25205 Bedfordshire Regiment
- Private Edward Groom G/37096 Queens Royal West Surrey Regiment
- Private William Groom 33801 Bedfordshire Regiment
- Private Fred Henley 11027 Grenadier Guards
- Corporal William Henley DCM, MM
- Private Arthur Jackson 13119 Bedfordshire Regiment
- Private Uriah Francis Loughton 14552 Lincolnshire Regiment
- Private Albert Lugsden 19265 Bedfordshire Regiment
- Private Amos Lugsden 17048 Duke of Wellingtons West Riding Regiment
- Private Cyril Meakins 3/7465 1st Bedfordshire Regiment
- Second Lieutenant William Francis Paddock 4th Battelion Royal Fusiliers
- Private Peter Pieraccini 19744 Bedfordshire Regiment
- Private Jesse Pipkin 58920 Northamptonshire Regiment
- Private Theodore John Pratt 19773 Bedfordshire regiment
- Private William James Roberts 60052 Queens Royal West Surrey Regiment
- Private Mark Rollings 33076 Bedfordshire Regiment
- Private Frederick Ruffett 201515 Bedfordshire Regiment
- Corporal Jeffrey Tearle 3/6459 Bedfordshire Regiment
- Corporal Harold Percy Timms m2/134079 Royal Army Service Corps
- Private Ernest Woodcraft
- Private Harry Woodcraft G/44026 Middlesex Regiment
- Private Alfred Wildman 330931 Suffolk Regiment
You may also be interested in the following sections:
St Mary's Church Roll of Honour WW1 WW2 lists names from both wars with the original document hanging in St Mary's Church.
World War I - Those Who Served lists the names of those who were residents of Eaton Bray at the time of enlisting in Luton.
The sum of £12 each was paid to 122 Men and Women from Eaton Bray who entered the Forces or served in the Mines.
The Forces Home-Coming Fund page describes the fund and how the money was raised.
WW2 People's War provides a number of accounts written by people associated with Eaton Bray and submitted to the BBC's WW2 People's War archive.